Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary Continued: Epified Mahabharata

This is a continuation of my viewing of the Epified Mahabharata by Karmic Revolution. Like last week, this version left me wanting more. Here is a couple of my favorite moments from this portion of the viewing:

I thought the episode: Bhima Kills Bakasura was a really great story idea. I can envision a back story of Bakasura and how he came to be such a terror for his village. What I like most about this story is that Bhima is just waiting on Bakasura to come and collect his food, but Bhima eats the entire cart full during his wait. I bet he did that just to enrage the terrible demon, but then again, Bhima seems like a never ending pit when it comes to food.

Bhima Slays Baka the Asura

Another story that I enjoyed was the Creation of Indraprastha. I mostly like this story because it gave me some themes to possibly use in my storybook. This story has Vishvakarman, the god of engineering and architecture, who creates Indraprashta in the image of Indra's celestial city. I think I will make a story about how Vishvakarman is instructed to build Indra a palace after he defeats Vritra.

No comments:

Post a Comment