Sunday, April 17, 2016

Learning Challenge: Single Tasking

This week I did a Learn by H.E.A.R.T. challenge that focused on attention. Multitasking seems to be the norm, and sometimes expected, for people these days. I always find myself working on a wide assortment of things at one time, and it can turn out to be pretty stressful. After watching the funny video Single-Tasking is the New Multitasking by James Hamblin, I found a great way to focus on one thing at a time. The narrator said he used "Tabless Thursdays" to focus on a single task and not be distracted by other things. "Tabless Thursdays" work by only having one tab on your browser open at a time. I think this would be nice to try every now and then because I tend to switch between tabs a lot and end up not getting much done. Even now I have six tabs and a few PDFs open! Maybe this technique will help me finish a task and not get so distracted.

 
Interior Life by Grant Snider

No comments:

Post a Comment